DACIA RELEASES IMAGES OF LODGY AHEAD OF GENEVA SHOW DEBUT
Dacia family set to grow with launch of Lodgy MPV – latest addition to the household which already includes: Duster crossover, Sandero and Sandero Stepway supermini, Logan: saloon, seven-seat estate (MCV), van and pick-up
- Lodgy MPV set for world debut at Geneva Motor Show in March 2012
- Decision on commercialisation of Lodgy in right-hand drive for the UK market is still to be finalised. The model could join Duster and all-new Sandero after their January 2013 launches
Dacia, Europe’s fastest growing automotive brand for the last six years is poised to expand its ever-growing line-up later this year with the release of Lodgy, an MPV which will be available as either a five- or genuine seven-seater.
Lodgy will deliver the brand’s hallmark combination of outstanding cabin space and a range of essential features tailored to meet the specific demands of Dacia’s customers. Families looking for a versatile, yet affordable vehicle, who have traditionally resorted to buying used cars, will now be able to purchase a new MPV complete with a full three-year warranty and the product reliability and customer satisfaction excellence for which Dacia is renowned.
In addition to its generous proportions, Lodgy features the usual Dacia cues of robust and functional design. In profile, it is easy to see how its roomy interior caters for everyone on board, even for passengers sitting in the third-row seats, as well as its exceptionally large boot, all within a total length of just 4.5 metres.
Its name, Lodgy, is derived from the English word ‘lodge’ and refers directly to the model’s ability to comfortably accommodate a family and its luggage.
Dacia Lodgy will be introduced at the Geneva Motor Show, Switzerland in March 2012.
Dacia, a growing brand
In the eight years since its relaunch with the introduction of Logan in 2004, Dacia, which belongs to the Renault Group, has become not just a global phenomenon, but an established player in the automotive world. As pioneer of the ‘smart buy’ approach, Dacia lost no time winning over the confidence of its customers thanks to its clear values:
- Generosity, which can be seen through its market leading cabin size for its price,
- Simplicity, thanks to equipment specifications focused on the essential,
3. Reliability, thanks to technical solutions proven on other Renault Group vehicles.
The range currently includes three core models:
- Logan: saloon, estate (MCV), van and pick-up versions,
- Sandero: saloon and Stepway (SUV-style) versions,
- Duster: an SUV, with 4×2 or 4×4 transmission
Lodgy Glace: a different sort of racing car
For its third campaign in France’s Trophée Andros ice-racing championship, Dacia has once again broken the rules by entering an MPV, Lodgy Glace, for the first time in the competition’s history. Two cars are contesting this winter’s series, shared by a particularly strong line-up of drivers: Alain Prost, Nicolas Prost and Evens Stievenart. Alain Prost tops the provisional standings with a score of two wins from three rounds ahead of the championship’s traditional Christmas